From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:00:51 -0600
very benefitial on the ts2000.
type in w2ihy into google and you'll find his site, with a bunch of audio
clips of his gear in use, one of them is a ts2000.
Due to the radio allowing 3.0Khz tx band width, the equalizer can really add
warmth and bottom end to your audio.
On the other end of the spectrum  , if you want to use it for dx purposes,
you can emphasize mid and high frequencies just as any of the "dx" mikes
from Heil do....the 1Khz to 2Khz frequencies that help to cut through SSB
noise.
The reason w2IHY's stuff is great for RF applications is because he uses
isolation transformers and ferrite filters to decrease the chance of RF
getting into the audio gear, and to maximize impedance matches between the
microphone and the EQ and the radio.

73
Colin, V A6BKX