From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:11:27 -0400
Tom,

I'd wait to see if you like the TX audio before spending another $200 for an
equalizer.  Keep in mind that you can also make changes to the TX audio
through the radio, and one of those settings might do exactly what you want.
Also, you can make even more changes if you use the Kenwood software.  I
went with the equalizer because I wanted to use my desk mic for my VHF/UHF
rig as well, and the equalizer lets you connect the mic to two radios.  I
also wanted to taylor my audio without having to resort to doing it via the
computer.  Ironically, I've reverted to using the hand mic with my TM-V71A
because of the keypad, so I don't even need the switching feature right now.
But at some point, I may want to go back to using the desk mic, and if I do,
everything is in place to make it happen.

Steve