From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 23:27:36 -0400
Got a friend to help me get the voice up and running.
It is pre-recorded human speech.  Very heavily accented but understandable.
Haven't figured out how to set pl tones yet, but have managed to set up an offset.
I will do a full write up when I get it all figured out.
Currently, the tones do not talk, and memory programming is tricky.  Also, haven't found a way to read what frequency you are on or other info directly from the display.
However, its a decent start.  Now one must wonder, if a chinese company of unknown engineering talent and capitalization can do this for such a low price, ($41.00 +$45.00 shipping), Where are kenwood, yaesu, and icom with their million dollar engineering staffs, and state of the art manufacturing facilities?
We need tto find a way to ask this question more forcefully.

73, will write when I have more info.