From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 03:28:08 -0400
By way of being contrary, I must rebut:

>> Just returned from a local ham fest.  Never saw such a pile of
>> semiworthless
>> trash in my life.  I think the most current radio for sale was a
>> ts830.

Umm. Well, one man's trash and all that. I think you'd be hard
pressed to find a radio with better slop bucket audio than the
TS-830. OK, maybe the TS-520. Does "not current" automagically equal
"trash"? I'd put some older rigs up against many modern ones any day
of the week. For instance, sentimental fondness aside, The Drake R4B/
T4XB twins, especially the receiver, could fare well against many
modern radios most of us use, and it's even older than the above-
mentioneD Kenwood.

As for the laptops, find yOU one that works except the screen and
you'd have a good deal :-)
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 746-4502 or 888-75-BUDDY