From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 07:24:04 -0400
Hi  Dave,

Like a lot of guys on the list, I use the free xmlog software for general
qso logging.  www.xmlog.com
For contests, I use Writelog, but I think most on the list use the N3FJP
contest software.

To connect with the 2000, you will need a straight through serial cable.
*Not* a null modem cable which switches 2 of the wires.   You may also need
a gender changer since Kenwood put a db 9 mail  on the back of the rig.

Good luck, Steve KW3A