From:
Bob Humbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:01:00 -0700
I got my general ticket with no trouble at all.  Then I bought a THF6A
expecting lots of fun and contacts.  That was over aa year ago; maybe 2 and
I don't think I used it more than 10 hours.  I'm ready to swap it for a CB
radio provided that it is top of the line with a "foot warmer". and
excellent selectivity and sensitivity.  A K40 magnatopper was my antenna of
choice before I quit that hobby because life was just too hectic at that
time for anything fun.  I really do enjoy this group because I learn a lot
and that was the only reason why I studied for my general ticket in the
first place.  My new wife and I have a 33 foot motor home that we want to
take south as far as we can go and I think CB will be far more helpful for
directions and meeting people.  Yes, I know the language can be ruff but I
know more 4 letter words than any of them do.  Anyway, lets talk.  Maybe we
can work out some kind of a deal beneficial to both of us.  KG6YAA

Bob  Humbert