From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:28:21 -0500
Actually, our ensurance will cover it, but there's a $500 deductible.

It was lifted from a rental car the door of which was accidentally left
unlocked. As we discovered after the fact, you had to press the remote lock
button twice to lock all doors on this one. All of the others we've used
only take one press of the remote to lock all doors, and two presses to
unlock all of them.

I left it there plugged in for charging.

We're all but certain someone, most likely a hotel employee, saw me leave
it, then simply came back and got it.

At least they didn't have to break into the rental car! They were even nice
enough to unplug it and take the cigarette lighter cable too.

Something must have spooked the person. The interior was not damaged at all,
and the GPS mounted on the front of the dash wasn't touched.

That's a wonderful thing, because we didn't spring for the $30 per day
rental car ensurance.

Mike Duke, K5XU