Brett Winches <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:13:13 -0600
Richard,

If your new home had the 5 GHZ tvro SATELLITE SERVICE, THE POLAR MOUNT
FOR THE DISH MAY HAVE BEEN IN CONCRETE AND YOU COULD USE IT FOR  OTHER
PURPOSES BUT AS John suggests low elevation and low wind load.

If the dish is still in place for this service, you could always keep it
around for ham satellite work as the new 5 GHZ birds will like this kind
of antenna.

Dish network and Direct TV use much higher frequencies (likely twice as
high) as the older 5 GHz stuff and while there are some birds flying or
planned that will use the 10 GHZ bands I am not sure of how much
activity is there yet.

Check with amsat AT WWW.AMSAT.ORG for data.

The satellite activity at 2 M and 70 CM and allows  and lower
frequencies would not have much use for the TVRO dishes nor the smaller
dishes for the other modern TV services.

###
BRETT WINCHESTER
208-639-8386
###