From:
Robert Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 22:41:37 -0700
Lou,
    Basically a telecoil is nothing more than a coil with wire wound in
varying numbers of turns.  If a speaker core has enough turns, it can induce
enough signal for the hearing aid (cochlear implant in my case) to pick up
that signal.  If your sister has the telecoil feature in her hearing aids,
she can test this easily.

    So I guess that what would make a headset compatible would be the number
of turns in the speaker core.  I already contacted Kenwood and their headset
that works with my radio is not compatible.

    I just looked at the Heil Sound web site briefly and they have adapters,
and tho I didnt look too hard, it makes me wonder of there isnt such a thing
that might work.  If the speaker/mic connector is not standard then adapters
surely must exist.

    I will look in the manual and see what the specs are.  Am going to the
local club meeting Tuesday, maybe I will pose the question there too.

If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold
tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup