From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 23:46:13 -0400
Hi.

That's too bad about the CW filter, but it might be worth checking with Ten
Tec to see if they ever get any filters in as used stock.  I don't recall
what the I-F was in that radio, so not sure if it would be possible to find
something after market, or for another radio that just happens to fall on
the same frequency.

IF worse comes to worse and you want to use it on CW, I wonder if it would
be practical to jumper across that socket so you can at least get receive.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 03:59 PM 7/8/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, I have the matching power supply, but the rig doesn't have a CW
>filter.  This wouldn't be a problem, but when I turn the radio to CW, the rx
>goes dead.  It will still transmit, but no receive.  I found 5 little knobs
>on the top right of the front pannel.  One is a speech processor I think?
>Vox sensativity and delay, and I have no idea about the other one.  I
>imagine break in delay for CW.  I can't believe how quiet the receiver is,
>that is in the ssb position.  It's really quiet in CW, especially since it
>doesn't work that way.  I found the quarter inch audio output jack on the
>back pannel.  Got a Turner Hand mike with the radio.  Kind of cool.
>

>--
>6:32 PM

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK