From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 00:41:06 -0400
Hi.

I owned a Ten Tec Delta for a couple of years.  If you could get a spare
dial skirt for it, I think it wouldn't be too hard to make a tactile dial
that would get you at least close to the frequency you want--as close as
any of us got with some of the lower end Heathkit stuff!

I only found two issues with mine.  First of all, the recovery time on the
AGC was too slow and you could nearly cripple that radio when pulse type
noise was present.  The other problem I had was probably specific to my
individual unit--the crystal for the 29 MHz band was almost 3 KHz off
frequency.  I didn't use that segment of 10 meters much anyway, but it
seemed kind of ridiculous to have a display that read out to 100 Hz, but
the last two digits were insignificant!

On the positive side, the full break-in CW was smooth as glass on that radio.

Oh yes, I now remember the other thing that bugged me about that radio--the
speaker was in the bottom and no convenient way to put an esxternal speaker
on it.

While we are on the subject of Ten Tec radios, I think my favorite one of
theirs was the Triton IV.  They were a workhorse, and if you put a D104 on
them, they sound like a million bucks.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:11 PM 7/7/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>I traded a GLB 1000 A to a friend of mine, for a Tentech delta.  It seems
>like an Omni D with two more bands.  I think it has an internal speech
>processor.  No crystal filters unfortunately.  Seems like a fun radio.  No
>speech availablee I guess.
>

>--
>3:26 PM

Louis Kim Kline