From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:44:51 -0400
Hi Bobby.

Well, it's a little pricey, but if you are doing FM which I assume you are,
the Comet GP15 will do a nice job.  Feed it with some good coax like Belden
9913 or equivalent, and you'll get excellent performance out of it.  As for
accessible 6 meter radios, I can't tell you much about standalone 6 meter
radios, as all of my 6 meter stuff is done through my HF radio (Kenwood
TS2000S).  Now, there's a radio, but it's pretty expensive.  If you can
find a used Icom 706, or Kenwood TS690S, those might fall more in your
price range, and they will do well on 6 meters, with reasonably good
accessibility.  If you get a Kenwood, check to see if it has the VS2 voice
synthesizer as those are getting a little trickier to find these days.

I think there are some 6 meter HTs out there that would work, also, if you
don't mind lower power.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 05:39 PM 6/12/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>Well, I have a hand held th-k2at and a TMV7A that is on the way. I would
>like to know a little about rigs that will let me use 6 meters that are
>accessible.  Also, I would like to know if there is an antenna that will do
>6 meters, 2 meters and 70 centimeters, or will i need 2 separte antennas.
>Any info on brands, and where these items might be purchased would be
>helpful.  At this time, I am not interested in going with a beam antenna,
>and I would like to keep the price for items as low as possible.  Thanks for
>the help.
>
>73
>
>Bobby Druesedow
>Callsign KE5OJT