From:
Angie Nutt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2007 20:22:47 +0100
Hi everyone,

I've read much talk on this list about how people can control their TS2000
with their hand held.  My main question is:  if using a none Kenwood
handheld what can't you do?  The other things I don't know is whether the
use of Sky Command is legal in the UK.  I've also just come across on
another list someone talking about remote control of their TS2000 not using
Sky Command (afraid I glossed over all that when I read the manual as I had
no interest in doing that whatsoever, will return to said manual if it's
legal here.

Looking forward to what you have to say.

For anyone who remembers:  my husband and I haven't decided on what handheld
to buy, it came down finally to either a VX6 (Yaesu or the Kenwood THF7-E.
We put it off as we recently took the next Amateur radio exam and I didn't
want to be side tracked from my study trying to get to grips with a new
handheld as I know that if I'm not careful I Tend to spend more time on
something than I initially intend to if I get really involved <smile> and
whatever Hand held we buy I expect to be quite brain-intensive to learn as
I'm used to the speech on my TS.

Well, we passed the exam and will likely within the next few weeks go and
look at these radios, and I for one love the idea of being able to control
my TS from the garden.

73
Angie 2E0PYM