From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 18:04:52 -0400
Hi Jim;

That's just wonderful!

I would love to work the station.

73 De Anthony W2AJV
ECHOLINK NODE NUMBER: 74389

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Kutsch
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 8:45 PM
  Subject: [BLIND-HAMS] W2TSE, Welcome 2 The Seeing Eye

  The Seeing Eye Amateur Radio Club is now licensed as W2TSE.

  A couple of months ago, Colin, VA6BKX, and others on this list were discussing the ham station at The Seeing Eye and noted there was no club call sign.  When I read those messages, I thought, why not?  Since then, we've formed a club for employees, volunteers, and in-class students.  We applied for the call sign, W2TSE which was issued a couple of weeks ago.  Late this week, Colin made history as he held the first QSO from the club station with the new call.

  QSL cards are being printed.  If you'd like to work the station, we'll set up some skeds.  Also, you'll be able to work W2TSE on 2 meters at both the NFB and ACB conventions this summer, Saturday-Monday at NFB and Monday-Wednesday at ACB.  Our QSL manager is Steve, KU9C.

  Thanks to everyone here on this list who brought up the idea of the club and club call.  This is a great addition to the station equipment that has been there for several years.  If you are coming to train with a Seeing Eye dog,  you are welcome to join the club during your stay with us.

  73,
  Jim
  KY2D