Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:00:07 -0400
Gary,

Unlike previous transceivers, the TM-V71A shares its memories between the
two radios.  However, that isn't really a problem because you can set each
radio to a different memory and switch between the two radios at your
discretion.  Despite sharing the memories, the two radios still have
different useable frequency ranges.  The A radio operates below 512 MHz,
while the B radio operates on frequencies above 136 MHz.  Depending on what
you've stored in any given memory, you may find that you won't be able to
access it on one or the other radio.  So, for example, if one of your
memories contains the frequency of 133.0 MHz, you won't see it when you're
using the B radio.  Similarly, a memory with a frequency in the 900 MHz band
won't show up on the A radio.

I'm sure all of this is a bit confusing right now, but I think you'll be
able to sort it out once you've had the radio for a while.  Btw, there's a
table in the manual which shows the frequency coverage for both radios.

Steve