Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:44:39 -0500
I suppose it is possible they are doing someting like that, but usually
most VSWR meters are fairly broad in their coverage, i.e. 1.8 to 30 MHz, or
50 to 450 MHz etc.  I would think that if you introduced very much in the
way of any kind of tuned circuitry, it would be pretty questionable what
you were actually measuring.  Maybe a bad reading would mean your meter is
out of tune?  Admittedly, there is a maximum frequency and a minimum
frequency that they work effectively at, but I think that is more a
limitation of the components that they use rather than a conscious desire
to limit the coverage of the meter.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 01:04 PM 2/26/2008 -0500, you wrote:
>Tim,
>
>LDG is *very* good at answering e-mails.  I would contact them and try and
>get the real answer.

>since it is microprocessor controlled, there may be something encoded that
>will not allow you to do what you want.
>
>I must admit I am confused about what John said.   While the manual says
>something like "Simply select the band you wish to operate on..." I assumed
>it was refering to selecting  the band on your transceiver, not on the TW-2.
>The only controls I am aware of on my TW-2 are the same as on the TW-1: F
>power, R power and swr buttons and a volume knob.  Maybe I am missing
>something besides my hair.
>
>73, Steve KW3A.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK