Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2007 20:33:36 -0600
Someone asked what the DX100 was.

It was sold in kit form by Heath, or as everybody called the company, "Heath
Kit," in the mid and late 50s.

It was an AM/CW transmitter for 160 through 10 meters, including the old 11
meter band.

The DX100 ran 120 watts input on AM, and the DX100B was rated at 150 watts
input.

From the mid 60s until about 10 years ago, you could hardly give one of
those rigs away. Now, people will beat down your door, and throw hundred
dollar bills at your feet in multiple quantities for the chance to haul one
home.

A working, but not collectible DX100 often brings $350 plus on Ebay. A guy
here in Mississippi sold one not too long ago that was in pristine "don't
touch me" collectible condition for $750.

Personally, I'd love to find either a DX100B, or an Apache TX1, which
replaced the 100b. As long as it worked electrically, the appearance could
be downright ugly, if that would keep the price down. I'd pair it with my
Hammarlund HQ170 receiver, and let forth a blast of good audio on 3885.

Mike Duke, K5XU