Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:24:54 -0500
Richard,

There is a bracket available in the U.S.  It's meant for the 200-watt model,
but I'm sure you could buy it and use it on the 100-watt model if you wanted
to.  There are also two other mounting configurations: a flat plate with
four small rubber pads, and a similar flat plate with screw holes for
attaching to a shelf or desktop.  Personally, I prefer the plate with the
rubber pads because I like to position the control head on the desk where it
feels most comfortable.  I keep the radio off to the side, attached to the
side of a shelf which sits on top of my operating table.  I run a cable from
the radio to my W2IHY equalizer, which has my MC80 plugged into it.
Incidentally, the equalizer/MC80 combination works quite well, and I'm able
to taylor the sound pretty well, bearing in mind the 2.4 KHz limitation.
I'd love to widen the transmit audio to 3 KHz, but don't know enough about
hardware to do it.  I keep hoping someone will come up with that mod, and
I'll jump on it if they do.  Other than the restrictions on the TX audio,
I'm happy with the radio, and I certainly like the amount of accessibility.
I never thought I minded coming up with workarounds for the lack of
accessibility, but now that I have it, I don't ever want to go back.

Steve