Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:06:00 -0400
Hi.

No, I don't change power or mike gain very often, but I would like a much
easier way to set PL tones, and that is something serious enough to make me
walk away from that radio.  It is just a a pain in my seat cushion to set
it on that radio, and it is easy on both of my Kenwoods, so why would I
heap any praise on Icom for that design?

I realize that they were trying to keep the button count down, but they
missed the boat on the menu design.  They could have made some of the menus
like the one where you set PL tones a lot more accessible if they had used
the memory knob to cycle through the settings rather than the VFO
knob.  Even the band UP/DOWN buttons would have been a better idea.  Or if
they had written a nice control program like Kenwood did, it might have
even been a livable situation for the house.  I suppose I could have just
stuffed the memories full of every repeater in the area when I needed to
take the radio on the go, but setting up the PLs was such a pain that
changing radios was the path of least resistance.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]