Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:19:37 -0400
Hi Danny.

Nope, no voice board.  If Icom had that much foresight, I'd still have that
rig today!  I think it was probably the best HF rig I ever owned, but that
was when I still had 20-30 vision with correction.

The frequency issue was the whole problem.  The radio gives absolutely no
audible cues, but the good news is that it doesn't have any menus at
all.  It uses an LCD display to indicate frequency and mode, the meter is
an analog device, and most of the buttons are two position switches except
for the Memory Write button which is a momentary contact switch.

The receiver is very good, and the transmitter is one of the better
sounding Icom transmitters as well.  The one negative comment that I have
is that the radio is not at all useful for driving transverters for VHF or
UHF as the level from the connections to drive the transverter is way too
low to drive anything.

If you are looking for a good HF radio and can figure out some way to
control it so that you know what frequency you are on, it is otherwise a
darned good radio.

73, de Lou K2LKK

P.S.  I ran one for 10 years before my vision got so bad that I couldn't
read the display anymore and I'm still bummed about that--more so than
about anything else I had to give up.

At 02:34 AM 10/15/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>1, Do any of you own or have owned and or used one?
>2, voice board?  If so, which one?
>3, observations/How User Friendly a rig is it?
>Please reply either on or off list, thanks,
>Danny Dyer, Wb4idu, [log in to unmask]
>

>--
>10/15/2007 5:55 PM

Louis Kim Kline