Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:26:42 -0500
I think Colin has nailed it; the more valuable equipment rarely gets
as far as hamfests these days.  Dayton is an exception but after all,
that is Dayton!!
Still fun to go out and kick tires and tell lies!!
Our local club has a mid-winter hamfest and the first organization
meeting is tonight.  They are a lot smaller than fifteen years ago
and a lot less work to organize.  In the early ninties, we had
attendance in the 5,000 range.  Last year we just got over 1,500
attendees.  The club still makes a little profit, but not as much as
then.  And the 300 member club of the early ninties is just under 100 today.
But it's still a great hobby!!