Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:00:32 -0600
When i moved into where i am now, I flat out asked if two, up to 30FT tall
antenna support masts would be a problem.  I asked this during the initial
interview and walk through of the residence.
They were quite sure it wouldn't be as long as I didn't damage property by
nailing or screwing or permanently attaching anything.
They weren't quite sure, so they contacted their head office and got a
signed letter for me stating that I was allowed to have amateur radio
antennas erected on the property, without limitation.
So your best bet is to ask the person you have your interview with if
antennas will be a problem and be prepared to outline what it is you intend
to do and perhaps what ham radio is.  Allot of the older complexes have
policies against CB antennas specifically being up, and sometimes it is hard
to convince land lords that you aren't a CB operator.
sometimes a bit of documentation can go along way, a pamflit from somewhere
about ham radio, or antennas or what ever...many people are fairly open
minded when they understand what your doing and that your not gonna make
your neighbors toaster and fridge talk at 3 in the morning with rig pig
language.
A trailer is a great home for antennas too by the way, the metal roof
provides an excellent HF ground plain.
I've lived in many and as long as its on a decent foundation, they're very
stable and adequit.
73
Colin, V A6BKX