Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2007 22:53:06 -0400
Hi Bill, Kenneth Lee On This List has a couple of Yaesu HTS, 1 being the
vx-2r, but I'm not sure which other one he has.
He's done some tweeking of the manual to make it more blind friendly, and
has done some work with the vx-2R commander software to make it more blind
friendly, and he might be a good source for you.  His call is N5SWR, and he
lives in Arlington, VA.
A couple others on this list have the vx-2r, and I think there's a vx5 6 or
7 owner somewhere around on the list as well.  There's a lot of
disappointment with Yaesu in some quarters because of their over all lack of
accessibility.  They make great radios but for the most part they're not
real blind friendly unless you can operate them via computer or the rig is a
"before menus unit.  I've had a vx-1r and a vx-2r, which was a great
improvement, and a vr500/great little hand held receiver-scanner, an 817,
817nd, ft70 and i now have and like quite well a yaesu FT77 hf rig.  Sorry I
can't be of more help re your original question though, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu.