Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:59:04 -0400
you need to adjust the antenna  before trying to make any more contacts.  If
you are trying to dump 100 watts into  a 12: 1  load, you risk  destroying
the  final  output transistors in your rig.   Your radio's protection
circuits are seeing the high swr and  reducing output power to prevent
damage, but you are playing with fire doing this.

What band were you on?  You should check your antenna to see if it is set to
factory specs.   The  Butternut has a ton of adjustments.   There is only  1
adjustment for 10 meters, if that is where you were.  It's the length of the
top most  tube on the antenna. Just because  it worked at  the previous
owner's QTH  doesn't mean it is set up right  for your location.

Steve KW3A