ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 18:42:57 -0600
She is set to nomail and has not been feeling well.  I heard from her today
and it was a long email so she was feeling better.  She believes some of how
she feels, plus poor sleep, is related to doctors not addressing her current
medications, in part, but there are some other things occurring relating to
relationships in church, and we all have suffered from that.  Carol and Mike
both have a lot to offer to the body of Christ and frankly, that is true of
everybody.  Churches, to some degree church members, and to a greater
degree, pastors often are uncomfortable if church members have gifting they
do not have.  It makes them nervous in other words.  Also, having two blind
people in your church makes some people nervous, too.  It is very sad but I
have experienced this many times over the years in various church settings
and I have worked with enough pastors who feel blind people are more of a
burden than a blessing.

Phil.