Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:13:41 EDT

Last year I started a letter writing campaign asking restaurants  to serve
gluten free food.  I just got this response. And, for  all you Chicagoans it
is
only good news for us!!! The Francesca's  chain now carries gluten free
pasta.
I have no idea about anything else  there. I have eaten the mushroom  pasta
twice and it was  great.

Here is the  correspondence

Ms.  Smith,
Don’t know if you are  on our email list, but I wanted to let you know that
we didn’t forget about  you.  Hope to see you in our restaurants soon!
Kurt  Lefler
Director of  Operations
Francesca’s  Restaurants

I am a frequent diner at your  restaurants and it is always a struggle to
find things that are gluten  free that I can eat. I sit ck to the salads. Last
time I did bring my own  pizza crust and they sauced it up and it was great. I
would like your  restaurant to be aware of the national campaign, "Gluten-free
is Good for  Business." There are currently 2.2 million Americans that are
affected by  Celiac disease. These 2.2 million diners seek out restaurants with
gluten-free menu items. Restaurants seeking to improve sales can do so by
offering gluten free menus in addition to their standard menus.  Gluten-free menu
items can only increase traffic and referral business.  Adding these menus,
prevents customer loss to restaurants that offer  gluten-free menus.
Gluten-free menus expand the number of diners beyond  those who order the gluten- free
choices. We have family, friends, and  co-workers who dine with us. When we go
out to eat, the restaurant chosen  is one that will accommodate the Celiac in
the group. We take clients out  to lunch and they take us out. Our companies
have holiday parties. We have  family reunions, we have weddings, and we have
baby showers. We celebrate  birthdays, anniversaries, Valentines Day, and
Mother's Day. Only one diner  of the 5, 25 or 100 diners in the group may order
from the gluten-free  menu. But, you can be sure we chose that restaurant because
they had a  gluten free menu. Several national chains now have gluten-free
menus. P.  F. Changs, Bonefish Grill, Wild Fire, and Outback Steak House all
have  gluten-free menus. They make it easy for Celiacs to dine there and those
Celiacs bring other diners with them. One gluten-free diner may bring 5 or  6
diners ordering from the standard menu. See this recent article, "More
restaurants offering gluten-free menus; increasing awareness of people  with
incurable wheat allergies " http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9144025/  Thank you. Diane
Smith

 (http://www.francescarestaurants.com/)

Gluten-Free Pasta  has arrived!
Francesca's  is happy to announce the arrival of our newest addition  to the
menu, gluten-free pasta!

One in 300  American's is not able to enjoy traditional pasta  because of a
severe allergy to gluten - don't these  folks deserve a bowl of Francesca's
piping hot pasta  just the same as anyone else? We think they do! So we've  made
gluten-free pasta available with a bevy of sauces  to choose from!

Join us soon and remember to  mention "gluten-free" when making you
reservations.