From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 14:09:38 -0400
Hi Mark.

Not necessarily.  Try Batteries America.  They used to carry a drop in
charger that would handle battery packs for the Icom 2AT, Icom 02AT, and
Radio Shack HTX202 series radios.

Regarding the HTX202 wall charger, I suspect that yours bit the dust
because those will charge NiMH batteries, but you have to lengthen the
charge time out to about 30 hours for 1600 mAH batteries.  Remember that
the stock pack was only 450 mAH.  If you've only been charging them for 10
hours, it's probably that you've been just way under charging the
batteries.  Also, with NIMH batteries, don't be afraid to top off the
battery after using the radio for a couple of hours--that is what they are
made for.  They are very different from standard Nickel Cadmium batteries
in that regard.

I would try Batteries America, though.  I suspect that they have a battery
charger that is actually set up to handle NiMH batteries.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]