Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:07:30 -0500
Got a new computer about 9 months ago running XP Media edition.  Installed my old HP 540 Deskjet computer to the USB port and it worked fine until a couple of weeks ago.

Suddenly, with no other apparent changes to the computer, it's stopped printing.  It tries to print, but all it does is print one line of garbage.  Printer works fine on another computer and does a self test OK, so think it's something in the main computer set-up.

I've installed/deleted the printer several times.  Deleted/installed the USB port several times and updated the printer driver.

Any other thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Ralph Willing

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com