From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:58:19 -0400
Hi Richard.

I think it is a little like people who speed on the expressway.  Everyone
does it and they can't arrest everyone, so they arrest the most blatant
ones, or at least the poor slob who just happens to be in the wrong place
at the wrong time.  Just because people haven't gotten nailed yet for music
sharing on Limewire doesn't mean they won't be nailed someday.  Probably
some never will get caught, but do you really want to play with that?  If
you get caught, the RIAA will make sure that you don't have a cent left to
your name.

The thing that most of the ignorant slobs don't realize out there is that
their chances are a lot better on the expressway, because you don't have
someone keeping a log of what each motorist is doing at each
interchange.  On the Internet, every time you pass through someone's
server, there is a log of your activity that is being kept.  The only
hurdle for the RIAA is in knowing which logs to ask for.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 07:16 PM 7/11/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi;
>This chat concerning internet radio brings up a somewhat unrelated question.
>Friends have been using "limewire" which apparently is a file sharing site
>to download any song totally free of charge.  I haven't tried it partly
>because I believe you intern share everything on your pc with the rest of
>the world.
>It would "appear" that these folks have gotten around the prohibitions for
>free downloads and I'm certain they are not compensating the artists.
>On the other hand, many artist whose music is being downloaded have more
>money than they can ever spend.
>Richard
>

>--
>9:57 PM