From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:55:13 -0400
Just installed a new vertical for 12 meters and I noticed when I tune from
ten and fifteen and then to twelve the noise level drops tremendously.
Almost like I have no antenna. Is that what you get as well? Is 12 like that
usually? A bit less noisier? I was talked in to working that band because
previously I never really cared. Now that I actually went and got an antenna
for it, I just want to know I'm set up right. I'm not exactly sure of the
make of the antenna because I had a sighted friend help me, but it's one of
those ham sticks about ten feet and I have it on top of my tower about 40
feet. I think it's a workman's antenna. I got it for about 30 dollars. This
guy was moving and I bought it from him with some other odds and ends I have
yet to sort out today. I don't like the match it's giving me for 12 though.
I'm getting just a match just below two I forget exactly.