From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 16:36:10 -0400
Hi.

I had quite the opposite reaction.  If I hadn't already spent my wad, I'd
probably be taking a serious look at this as soon as I felt that enough of
them were out in the field to have worked all the bugs out.

By the way, single conversion is only a problem if one either has poor
filtering in the front end or picks an IF that is low enough that the
filter that is there would need to have a ridiculous amount of Q to keep
out the images.  I used a Kenwood TS130S as my first solid state HF
rig.  It was single conversion with an 8.83 MHz IF, and image rejection was
never an issue on that radio.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK