ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:26:33 -0600
Read knowing I do not know if this applies or not, perhaps not, perhaps so,
it is just there for consideration.  Cigarettes constrict vessels, coffee
does same and salt is yes a known player in high blood pressure. Years ago
when I quit smoking, and this is not about quitting smoking per se but more
a principle,  I believe God honored my little  agreement I made with him,
or more appropriately the statement I made  followed by the asking. I
basically said this... " Father God. You know I want to quit, I have real
issues of withdrawals, which are honestly preventing me from trying yet
again to quit and yet I so want to quit.. you know that. Here's the deal...
I'll do my part by stopping the habit side of things, exercise my will to
quit, my free choice to not focus on it and refrain, I'll commit to not
light up at all if you... would then in turn take away all cravings
and  strong withdrawl symptoms."  I did, he did, and in essence, we did.
But I had a part to play  in it. I didn't ask him to keep me from smoking
as I scrounged around for a light with a dud in my face. That is to say, I
believe God honors  a mirror image of our willingness to follow through
with our part based on our knowledge. We are held to our knowledge and that
in which we know and do not do is sin. Similar to me is the knowledge of
what we need to do, and I believe our blessings are in part based on our
willingness to use the knowledge we have, he'll even bless us in our
ignorance, but if we have knowledge, we need exercise it. In that spirit,
I'll pray for the strength to not  consume the things that might cause it
and God to bring working knowledge to her and together, she use her free
choice to refrain and God to bless her with a supernatural healing of high
blood pressure.

Brad