ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:35:37 -0500
I read Spiderman, Batman, some Archie and Jughead comics, the Marvel
comics. They weren't mine, I read my neighbor's comics, why would I buy
them if he had all kinds :). I probably read some Super man ones and
actually come to think of it I do remember watching Superman, half his
body outstretched in the black and white tube. I understand they had a
plank under him you couldn't see off of the back of a truck to make those
scenes hahaha. I remember the single Jery curl on his forehead too and
actually the Christopher Reeves movies made him look pretty darn close to
the original guy too.

Brad

on 10:20 PM 7/20/2007, Phil Scovell said:

What, Brad?

You never watched the movies or read the superman books either?  My!  I
have
a blind friend, I think he is about a year older than I am, and he has all
the original superman black and white shows he has collected.  I remember
them all, too.  My folks wouldn't have spent real money on buying a
superman
outfit for me but I talked mom into dying an old bath towel bright red.  I
remember watching her dipping it into the pot on the stove that held the
red
dye in the boiling water.  Man, was it cool to pin that red cape around my
neck and run around the yard.

Phil.