ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:28:06 -0500
They want to stop you from crying because they
love you and do not want to see you hurting. But
yes, it is very natural and healthy to greive. I
can only hope folks will grieve for me when I go,
then I know I was of some value to them.

Brad

on 10:06 PM 7/20/2007, Rhonda Partain said:

I’ve probably told you all how special my
grandmother was to me, a true example of the love
God has  for me.  So, understandably I  am sad
that she is no  longer here with me….I know she
is with Jesus, that she is in no pain and I’d
never call her back here if I could, but why is
it that others seem to want to stop me from
crying?  It is  only human to miss those we
love,  life isn’t the same with out them,  one
person even said “I was overjoyed when I heard
the news” I know what they meant….she  was no
longer in pain, but my first reaction was not joy!

I at first felt shocked, then terribly sad,  I
felt as though the only source of unconditional
love and support I had ever known was gone
forever, but  that isn’t really true….God is
still here, my grandmother was just a living
example of how God sees me, I am special,
valued,  I am loved,  sometimes I tend to forget that!

One person said “well, she  is in a better place”
and I said “Yes, but I’m still living here”

Rhonda