ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:11:26 -0600
I couldn't get this on the list quick enough as a prayer request, so now it
has already become a note of praise.  I have a website, you know, by that
name.  I haven't put much on it yet.  It is my third website, although I
have owned more domain names, I think six, once upon a time.  Anyhow, my
oldest sister is married to a man name Jerry.  It is spelled Jere so I'll
spell it that way from now on but I thought some synthesizers might not
speak it correctly.  Jere has had two other heart attacks over the last 25
years.  He went in because of poor breathing, gout, and a few other things.
They did an angiogram.  Fortunately, everything is the same as it was 12
years ago so they did nothing but figure his problem is sleep apnea.  Jere
snores probably louder than anybody you know.  He refused, over the years,
every thing, such as breathe right nose strips which I use, but now he is
scheduled to have a sleep study done.  The doctors are pretty sure that's
the problem.  He is morbidly obese and has been for years.  To reach that
category, according to what I read recently, you have to be 100 pounds over
your normal weight.  Jere is.  I almost was, in fact, I was within 5 pounds
of that category, but I have lost 14 pounds in the passed three weeks, since
my last annual physical and I learned I was type 2 diabetic, and 24 pounds
from my all time peak weight.  Yes, I am riding my exercise bike daily, too.
I am especially watching what I eat like you can't believe.  Anyhow, thank
God, my brother in law isn't dying or having a heart attack.  They did not
even need to put any stints in so that's good.  His arteries are not 100
percent unblocked, however, but the worst one is still 70 percent blocked
and that's what it was 12 years ago so he is good to go on that account.
Anyhow, I know you didn't pray for him, not knowingly anyhow, because I
didn't get the word out fast enough, but you can thank God now and pray this
time Jere starts losing weight and if it turns out he has sleep apnea, which
I'm sure he does, he will wear his mask every night.

Phil.
www.NoteOfPraise.com