ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 08:08:41 -0400
Phil,
I've been listening since about 1982, when I got married.  Did you
know that Dobson actually took a tape recorder in and recorded a home
birth in 83 or 84.  In fact, that broadcast gave me the courage to go
ahead and have Lizzie at home with a midwife.  Having had four
different birth experiences, I can tell you that our home birth was
definitely the best one.  Anyway, Dobson's  advice came in handy
during early child raising and, because of his influence,  I was
pretty heavily involved in the Right to Life movement for a
time.  Now that Greg is a pastor, we have found the Pastor to Pastor
ministry to come in handy at times as well.  When I was an undergrad
at Calvin, we had to watch Dobson's first film series on the family
as part of one of our courses.  I can't remember which class right
now, but I think I saw his entire film series about three times
before I graduated.  You could say that I've been saturated with
Dobson.  I always know when you are referring to his program, because
I've heard so many!
Kathy