ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:09:23 -0600
Moses

Recently, President Bush encountered a man with long gray hair and
beard, wearing a white robe and sandals, holding a staff.

President Bush went up to the man and said, "Has anyone told you that
you look like Moses?"

The man didn't answer. He just kept staring straight ahead.

The president said, "Moses!" in a loud voice.

The man just stared ahead, never acknowledging the president.

The president pulled a Secret Service agent aside and, pointing to the
robed man, asked him, "Am I crazy or does that man not look like Moses to
you?"

?The Secret Service agent looked at the man and agreed.

"Well," said the president, "every time I say his name, he ignores me
and stares straight ahead, refusing to speak. Watch!"

Again the president yelled, "Moses!" and again the man ignored him.

The Secret Service agent went up to the man in the white robe and
whispered, "You look just like Moses. Are you Moses?"

The man leaned over and whispered back, "Shhhh! Yes, I am Moses. The
last time I talked to a bush, I spent 40 years wandering in the
desert and ended up leading my people to the only spot in the entire
Middle East with no oil."