ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:00:07 -0600
Kim,

I'm sure there are both good and bad group homes.  I think that part of this
is affected by the owner and/or staff who run them.  For the most part, the
first group home I lived in was quite pleasant.  We had some fun workers who
took some of us places, so that was fun for awhile.  Then they got into
trouble, and others came to work, and the owner said they could not take us
out to just play around anymore.  Then I wanted to move into a home where
there would be one or two care providers in their own private home, so that
I would have more transportation available.  I had a lot of fun in the first
two such homes, but I had to move out of each one.  Now I'm living in
another one, for over 3 years.  I like my care providers very much.  They
are gentle Christians of Hispanic background.  The only two things I don't
like about this family is that there are so many people to watch out for,
including two developmentally disabled clients, and the fact that we don't
go out into the comunity very much.  I'm thinking of looking for another
place.  I realize that no home is perfect, but having care providers who
regularly take their clients into the community is a big expectation for me.
Just know, Kim, that we're praying for you, and that The lord will direct
your path, as you acknowledge Him, and He'll carry you through.  One thing
I'm learning from Him is that I can trust Him to sustain me and keep me from
falling, and not worry about what I have to do, as He'll really help me to
obey Him.

Peace,

Sharon