ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2007 23:12:17 -0500
Hi Sharon,

If you believe Christ  is the Son of God and is your redeemer, you aren't
going to hell, so no worries no matter what any man says. I was sort of
ribbing Phil on the Bible depressing us. The word gospel means good news,
and good news won't depress us. It is a collection of books giving
history, hope, healing and so it really has the opposite affect, makes you
feel better the more you read it.

Brad

on 10:03 PM 7/9/2007, Sharon Hooley said:

Brad,

While we cannot blame the Bible for making us depressed, I think that the
enemy can use people who misuse God's words to, for example, frighten us
into salvation, telling us where we fail, hit us over the head with it,
saying we should do this or that, and more and more.  When someone, like
me, has obsessive compulsive disorder or any other diagnosed mental
problem that affects how we see spiritual things, all this can have a
negative effect, like, if these people can be so wicked and thus go to
Hell, I probably have a very good chance of going there myself, because I
do terrible things, mostly in my head and seemingly in my heart, and I
feel that I don't want to change and serve God, and I'm afraid I'll do
something irrevocable!  I realize that many people may go through such
periods of discouragement, but for others, it goes on and on.  I'm not
saying this to get anyone to feel sorry for me, but just to understand.

Sharon