Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:42:24 -0500
hi all
well here is the real question i intended the other day before going off on the vonage tangent.
Some of you know, i had and still want if possible, my own domain name with my own website and email address etc.  I had my domain on linux but i wish to change the computer i built, to windows and give my6 mom the one i bought so they'd shut up about me building one, coincidence i'd say?anyhow, i know i can just point the domain to my ip like always, but i am wondering, for the email address which happens to be whatever at nifty.selfip.net, do i have to get all kinds of email software other than o.e or not?all I remember on linux, i didnt have to do any fetchmail commands or anything but i magically could send and get mail, is that going to be as invisible on windows or not?
I should clear this up, i miusspoke, nifty.selfip.net is not an actual domain i registered , it is one of the free subdomain offerings.

by the way, just an interesting little note i found out about yes, vonage, in the list of ports to open to make vonage happ[y with your setup, is port 80 which is the default for apache webserver which im not happy with but hey, whatever

http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/3833