From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:28:14 -0400
Butch,

That's an accurate description of the layout.  What he calls the menu button
is really the tuning knob, but it operates as the menu button in conjunction
with the function button.  The call button also operates as a call scan
button, and if you press Function followed by Call, the frequency in the VFO
is stored in the call channel.

If you press the Function key for 1 second, it locks/unlocks the keyboard.
Pressing Function followed by Tone lets you set the PL/CTSS/DCS code, and if
you press Function followed by Tone for 1 second, you scan the respective
codes.  Pressing Function followed by Low (power) toggles Mute on or off.
PF1 and PF2 are programmable from the menus, and each can be set to one of
several functions.  Each of the volume/squelch knobs can be pressed to
select the appropriate band.  In conjunction with the Function button, they
step through the radio's different frequency bands.

Steve