From:
Rob Santello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 12:30:59 -0700
Hi Guys,

   Sorry if this is a topic that has already been beat to death here.
I've talked with a friend who owns a TM-G707A and he loves it. He
claims it is extremely  accessible even to the point of menu and PL
tone setting. Says he has no problem being able to fully use this
radio without sight and wouldn't even consider anything else. I know
these are no longer in production and have limitations such as no
cross band repeat function. Is this still the best mobile rig to get
or not? I've seen some discussion about the newer TM-V7A and wonder
if that is as accessible at the TM-G707A? I know there are issues
with the display on the V7A but of course, that is not a concern to
me. Also seen some of these radios sell a bit cheaper because of the
problem so that makes it a good buy in some cases. But is it truely
as accessible as the 707A? Should the TM-707A not even be considered
when a TM-V7A is available? And of course, the brand new TM-V71A is
out and I am wondering how this new radio stacks up against the
others as far as accessibility goes. Can the menus and PL tone and
other features be utilized without sight? At about double the cost of
one of the older used rigs, is it worth the additional cost.
Especially if the new features it offers are not usable?

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions,
--rob--