From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 21:54:55 -0400
Ron and Buddy,

Actually, the E1 does not have a handle, and it runs on 4 D batteries.
Although it is technically portable, I wouldn't recommend bringing it along
for a day at the beach because the batteries make it heavy, and the lack of
a handle makes it difficult to carry.  That aside, though, it's a very nice
radio, and I speak from personal experience.

Steve