NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 02:19:36 +0000
I hope you stay. Lists like these have a mix of relevant and not-so-relevant info. A common theme is how to manage these conditions.

My son, now 17, has life-threatening allergies to milk, eggs, and all nuts. He also had severe eczema outbreaks with other foods. It took us a long time to find a "clear" diet and environment, and even though he's still deathly allergic, he's thriving.

Please hang in there, and please ask for advice to help you through. We would never had been able to cope without the support and involvement of people on this and other lists.

One thing I do understand is how upsetting it is to have such responsibility and only very limited control - over your child's safety and well-being. It stands parenthood on its head. We were handed a child and the awsome responsibility to love and protect them. We had no idea that there are few limits to how much we'd worry or how much they'd suffer.

You were not rude, so don't apologize. If you decide to leave the list, go to

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=no-milk&A=1

and unsubscribe. If you care to hang around, there are many of us who'll be more than happy to share our knowledge and support.

Mark