C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:43:11 +0100
On Wednesday 31 October 2007 02:05:02 kat wrote:
> Thanks for setting us straight, Deri! Now you've got me feeling sick
> that a disabled person can use her disability to "beat the system." Ugh!
> Gives the rest of us a bad name.
>
> Kat

Hi Kat,

I do not know if I'm right, its just that I realised while reading that if you
take away the disability element the things she describes happen to many,
many people, who do not have the opportunity to sue.

Also, I realised that it seems the whole case revolves around her disability,
the article says she is actually suing the company for sexual harrassment
(not discrimination - probably because all her cited instances of
discrimination occurred outside work in a social setting).

Cheers

Deri