BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Telepathic chickenf leave no tracef. Turkey lurky goo-bye!
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 09:13:09 -0400
>Silliness on BP

One school of thought on silliness is that it is an avoidance behavior.
That can be true in certain circumstances, but I haven't seen it to be the
case here.  The content has been very good in my estimation, but then
again, I have a sense of humor.  We have had discussions of great substance
buttressed by great wit.

I'm very concerned about the apparent societal trend toward seriousness in
all aspects of life.  That isn't living, it's embalming.  Heaven help us if
we must be serious all the time.  Wait.  Given my self exalted position, I
believe that I can help myself.  And y'all can too.  This is a self help
forum.  There.  That should get society's blessing...just go to the Barnes
& Noble and look at the linear feet devoted to self-help tomes.  Finally,
we fit in.  Whew.

Dan Becker,  Executive Director            "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                     from some flounder?"
Districts Commission                             - Bullwinkle J. Moose