From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 08:22:22 -0500
You can use any windows XP CD to replace files with SFC as long as it's the
same version of windows. The only time you can't is if it's a company like
HP, DELL, Gateway, where they have their own little differences on the CD,
so it's their own version like everything else they do it's their way or
nothing. If it's a generic computer though or uses a generic version of
windows, you can use any windows CD, including from the above mentioned
companies. I've done it, I actually have a CD I use for just about all
computers that will take it so I don't have to dig for other ones. Some
computers don't like it though, if you upgrade to XP SP2 via download and
not via CD, but there are instructions out there to make an SP2 CD from the
original if you want it. I've done that too, it's a pain but not as bad as
it could be.