From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:46:11 -0500
In the mid and late 60s, the National Radio Company would put custom Braille
dial plates on the vfo of their NCX3, NCX5, etc.

If you search for Braille on ebay, you will find a National NCX3 transceiver
with power supply and Braille dial. It ends at 9 AM or so on Monday morning
pacific time.

If I had anywhere to put one, I'd go for it myself.

My late Elmer had an NCX3, with no Braille dial. He was on the Mississippi
coast when Hurricane Camille came through in 1969.

His NCX3 is now somewhere on the bottom of the gulf.

For the newer folks on this list, an NCX3 covered 80, 40, and 20 meters
only. It was quite heavy, as it was built like a battleship. But, as my
friend often said, they forgot to tell it to float!

Mike Duke, K5XU