From:
Gery Gaubert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:26:32 -0500
Ok, I have been taking the practice exams at aa9pw.com and
radioexam.org.  I get from 30 to 35 correct so I think that I will pass
the test tomorrow night.  I have some questions about the 751a
tranceiver.  I believe I have it on the ham bands now.  When I listen to
the radio I can go from 20 meters to 160 meters and still get audio.
How do I set the radio so that I am transmitting on the right sideband?
Also, The tranceiver has 100 watts, is there a knob or something that
lets me adjust how many watts I am transmitting with?  I also have a
talking watt meter, how do I use a morse code signal to check the swr
and forward power and things like that?  Where on the radio is the keyer
to accomplish this?  So much already learned but so much more to learn.
Any help would be appreciated.  If anyone can help it would be great.  I
should be home around 9:00 central time if anyone could receive a phone
call to assist me.  If not, over the weekend or 1 evening after work
would be great.  Thanks!!!!

Gery Gaubert
St. Charles Sheriff's Office Helpdesk Coordinator