From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 22:45:35 -0400
How long is your ground run?  really any more than 3 or 4 feet can actually
act as an antenna. Granted, with computer speakers, nothing's fool proof,
and I believe what kind of ground you have around you, plays a role too. I
know with a ground plain, they don't seem to work as well near the water,
I'm told near beaches and stuff though I find the opposite so I'm sure that
plays a role, but some times, you just can't beat the problem.